- Name: Not quite a name but I know this plant as Salvia
- Species: Sage
- Current format: Growing in a gallon water bottle.
- Obtained on: 01/04/23
- Obtained from: Bauhaus in the middle of Baustreet
- Current status: Sprouting...
Sage/Salvia is one of the plants I'm the most interested in growing. It can be medicinal, culinary, and you can even brush your teeth with it! Seems like a plant with so many uses and applications would be right at home with my "useful/edible garden" project.
I got these seeds during a pretty disappointing and overwhelming day. I think they were the best part of that first half of the day.
- 01/04/23: Planted. Currently staying indoors and giving them heat from the modem.
- 12/04/23: A few seeds are starting to grow a root! Some of them are growing mold instead :( I read the way to clean mold from seeds is one part white vinegar/bleach/hydrogen peroxide and ten parts water. I did this, with vinegar, took out all the seeds from their "greenhouse" and put them into the mix for a swirl. Then, put them on a clean kitchen paper, and let them dry out in the air. This includes the seeds that already grew roots, so if this doesn't finish killing them, I know those are keepers because they're hardy.
- 14/04/23: Aaand the seeds that grew roots died because I sundried them
- 16/04/23: Got myself a big container, filled it with soil and worm compost, and spread the sage seeds there. It's a temporal pot, but I hope I can get some to grow. Now I kinda wish I bought a sage plant instead, but they had none.
- 23/04/23: It's hard to see, but if you squint, you can see one of them has begun to sprout :) I just noticed them most of the seeds were uncovered, so I put some soil on top and watered again.
- 26/04/23: First sprout :). Will reward with a little fertilizer when I can.
- 28/04/23: More sprouts are popping out. They love to head towards the sun the little rascals.
- 29/04/23: I'm noticing the sprouts that grew from the sides of the container are dead. Tough luck...